we're back after over 2 weeks in the great USA. Kev and I have many reasons to praise God, despite some things that seemed unpleasant at times (mainly the nastiest, longest flu bug i have ever seen that hit Josh, Jade and Justin (Brian & Holly's youngest), and not the greatest of weather).
I can't say enough about our wonderful friends, I will just say that I praise God for putting them in our life and we feel so blessed by them!! We enjoyed a short visit first with Pete & Lauralee, a week with Steve & Jo and the final week with Brian & Holly. Brian and Holly especially deserve credit for putting up with us & our sick kids in our shared condo for a week, and we absolutely could not have imagined better, more gracious and kind and fun condo-mates. Thanks to them it was still a blast despite the flu and the weather, and i think that is quite something. :) You all should try to nab them to go on vacation with you next, unless of course they will condescend to come with us again (then we want them :) ) ...anyways, it was a delight to come home again too, to our dear friends and family and church here, who we are also so thankful for. Thanks for checking in, hope you all are doing well!! ...i am too tired to post much tonight, and getting over a much milder verson of this flu myself. here's hoping and praying for a healthier week ahead for everybody!!
the sweet baby boys, in healthier days. What a joy to see them playing in the sand! :) of course it is appreciated much more now, after seeing them sick for so many days!! once again i am determined to never take this for granted.
11 comments:
I loved the pictures of Ash! She looked quite beautiful in them. Also, I loved the picture of Brian and Holly's family. They are such a wonderful family, and I am not surprised at all that you had a wonderful time with them. You can't help but love them, as they are kind and fun. We had a great time with you as well, and it is hard getting back to normal life again.
wow, Carole! Great post and pics!! We were feeling quite sorry for you guys when we heard about the long bout of flu. It's great you were still able to have a blast despite the odds! And I'm glad to hear you guys are for the most part much improved although now you are sick with the bug! :(
Can't wait to see more pics and we're looking forward to seeing you & your fam again soon! Love ya!
What wonderful times! We wish we could have spent more time with you! And you are silly, you are so good at listening...I felt like we had so much to talk about and not enough time to talk! We were all saying how much like family you guys seem...you fit right in with our motley crew!!
It was a wonderful week and it was one of the first times that I have ever had a hard time getting back into the swing of things back home. I had all the laundry done and the house clean the day I got back but somehow my heart was still in Myrtle Beach. I think it was because the first days home were so cold but it is really warming up here and feeling more like spring. I love your pictures!! Gorgeous...with exception to the one of me and Dan...I look so huge...but thankfully this will be over in about 4 weeks!! So sorry to hear that you were sick! We just got it about 4 days ago...Joshua just had diarhea for 4 days but nothing else, Jesse and Jacob had terribly sore stomachs but nothing other than that, and Josiah has been throwing up and with horrible fevers for several days...I am feeling exhausted and not the greatest myself... Its funny how you take health for granted. I think it is great that you had such a great couple to share the condo with...it looks like you had great times! We miss seeing Holly and Bryan!! Anyway, keep in touch!! We loved seeing you guys!
Sarah Barnes
Lovely pictures, Carole. You have such a gift for photography.
We're so glad you're back and on the mend!
So exciting to see that you've already posted some pictures! But are you feeling sick?? I hope not!! Justin hadn't thrown up for two days, and I thought he was over it (he was eating, and keeping everything down)...then he suddenly threw up his lunch today again! What a terrible bug! Anyway, we loved being with you guys for the week--it went far too fast, eh? We didn't mind at all that we were your last choice, but jumped at the opportunity to vacation with you!! : ) We are very thankful you, for your example and encouragment to us, and hope we can do it again sometime! : )
Really nice pictures Carole! I especially liked the picture of Holly and Brian's family-and all the couples :). We rarely post pictures of the adults, and although the kids maybe cuter to look at :), I personally like to see all of you guys as well. Thanks for calling last night...and a special thanks to Kevin for letting you talk to me :).
Wow! who is that big girl in the pretty pink dress?! She is becoming a little lady! Very nice pictures - looks like it was a wonderful trip!
Hi Carole! So nice to see your pictures. I look forward to hearing about your trip in person. Talk away all you want about it - I love to hear about people's vacations! :)
Hope you are feeling better, Carole! I'm sorry we didn't get to talk more... that one pool room is too loud to talk in, and with sick kids and napping kids, I feel like we hardly even met up! It was fun to see you guys though. Did Holly tell you that Jenna got the flu the day you left? I felt terrible that they had gone home. She was better after just one day of it though. Nice pictures!
Beautiful pictures Carole! Looks like it was worth it! :) I'm glad you are all on the mend now & I'm looking forward to seeing you again!
Carole, I've been meaning to comment - these pictures are BEAUTIFUL!! Can't wait to see the rest of them! Looks like just like the place I'd love to be right now . . . :)
Post a Comment