Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Happy Birthday to our wild child, Joshua Matthew...and (if that isn't enough to entice you)...NEWS :)


Hi!

Lots has gone on in the past while, clearly I have gotten out of the habit of blogging about it. Thanks for sticking with us, though. :) Blogger is driving me crazy tonight -is it always so terrible lately?- so one can be glad that I am determined to get this posted since it is taking me f-o-r-e-v-e-r. I promise you this post beats the last one, heh heh. :)



Today is the day that our sweet #4 was due to arrive. I don't know how many times, in those first 3 months of pregnancy, that I told Josh in answer to his many questions about the subject: "after your birthday, Josh, the baby will come after your birthday when you are 4."


But, as you know, last October our hearts were broken with the news that the little one we had hoped and prayed so much for had been taken from us. God graciously taught us so much, and carried us tenderly through that time as He did the other times when we have lost loved ones. His grace certainly is sufficient.

And now, Josh's birthday has come and gone, and although today doesn't mark my due date anymore, it does mark the 12-week mark of a new life that God has been so good to bless us with. I have had an ultrasound and all seems well, but I am almost scared to even imagine or dream about the little one due in October. I try not to worry about it, and we just pray, a lot, that God's perfect plan for us includes a healthy baby this fall. :) Unborn children are never far from our prayers these days - our sweet little one and the others we eagerly anticipate among our family and friends. We also remember those who hope for the gift of new life, and are forced to wait and trust. How wonderful to know that He knows what He is doing, and is so worthy of our trust, as feeble as our trust might be.


As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the Lord is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
31 For who is God, except the Lord?
And who is a rock, except our God?
32 It is God who arms me with strength,
And makes my way perfect.

from Psalm 18

Thank you for praising God with us!!

and I managed to upload a few quick pics from our vacation a month ago...we had such a GREAT time!!








God is so good. :)

Lots of love to all of you!!

20 comments:

Dauna said...

COngrats!!! This fall will be busy! My sis found out she is 10 weeks today! I will certainly be on baby watch around that time!

We pray for a healthy delivery, but above all, for God's will to be done! We are so stoked for you guys!

And happy belated birthday to Josh! His little gift is in the mail (very late!!!)

Lucy van Eyk said...

Wonderful news Kevin and Carole!!

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be." Psalm 139.
I love these verses. God is taking care of this little one, no matter what happens. We just need to trust his perfect plan.
Love you our faithful friends.

Rachel Joy said...

Praise God! :)

Holly said...

So thrilled to hear your news! And your pictures are beautiful. Josh's birthday cake is amazing!

Mel said...

Oh Carole!!! SO happy with you!!!! THANK YOU LORD! :O)

Rachel said...

So thankful and praising God with you!! It was so nice talking with you yesterday.
Lots of love,
Rachel

Taunya said...

So happy to read your news Carole! Congrats

Anita said...

Absolutely DELIGHTED to hear your happy news! I'm praising God with you, and praying all continues to go well!

Maria said...

Carole, this is wonderful news! Thanks for posting!

Sharon said...

Wonderful news!! I was wondering why you can't see me until the summer :) Are you feeling okay?? I don't even know where you went on your beautiful vacation!!! Let's get together soon. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Carole and Kev,
What wonderful, wonderful news.
I remember coming to our due date and being 13 weeks pregnant at the same time. That day was bitter sweet but God is good in all of His ways. Love to your family!
Kerri

Laurie said...

Thanks be to God! We are so happy for you and pray for good health for you and the baby! Love from all of us.

Lynnette VD said...

COngrats!! Very exciting news!

Belinda said...

I am so thankful to hear your news. What a gift from the Lord. It has brought tears to my eyes. God is so good! We will pray that all things will be well for you and your little one!

Rich and Cher said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you - and thankful with you that God has given another little one! Go ahead and dream and talk up your new baby - you did with your others without having any clue what the Lord had planned. Such good news - for you, your family, and also for Hope - a new life is always encouraging!

Joyce Wassink said...

Congrats Carole & Kevin & kids!! Was thrilled to hear the news and we're praying that all goes well. :)

Jennifer said...

So excited for you Carole & Kevin! May the Lord give you peace and grace to look forward to the arrival of this little one!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS Carol and Kevin!!!! God is so good! We will continue to pray for your pregnancy that all may go well and that you will be able to meet him/her in October! So exciting!!!
Michelle vanDrongelen

Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations!!! That is very exciting news! Hope you are feeling good and that you have enough energy to take care of everyone else during your pregnancy :0)

Anonymous said...

Kevin and Carole, that is such exciting news!! We are praising God with you and pray that all will continue to go well.