Friday, October 17, 2008

the Sound of Music!!

produced by Andrew Lloyd Webber - is playing at the Princess of Wales theatre in Toronto and we LOVED it!! if you have the opportunity to go, we'd recommend it! my thoughtful husband gave me tickets for my birthday last month, and i don't remember ever enjoying a birthday gift as much as i enjoyed last night. THANK YOU, Kev!! :) (now i feel even worse about neglecting him on his birthday! :) )
these next pics were taken about 30 seconds before i was reprimanded by a show guide :S teeeheee...how embarrassing. not even a great picture to show for it. :)
pre-show dinner at one of my favourite places....mmmmm, mmmmm.
my hot date, not impressed with my making him pose like a tourist but obliging all the same :)
i LOVE the ornamental cabbages & mums planters at falltime!! what an absolutely gorgeous time of year, praise GOD for the beauty in the world He created!!
jaden had an exhausting thanksgiving (pics of that to come soon Lori!!)...he sacked out while reading to himself mid-morning, which is unheard of in this household.

our kids are wonderful in many ways and we are extremely thankful for them, but the best of sleepers they are NOT. except josh, he's still so easy and sweet. Jadie used to be a great sleeper too...what happened?? his learning to climb out of his crib marked the end of easy bedtimes. last night, for example, while we were at the show mom managed to get him to sleep but then 1:00 am he was in our bed, kev took him back and it was back and forth a few times, lots of crying by him and singing songs by me & kev (i know, probably should have been spanks at that point instead of songs), until at 3:00 a.m. he made his way, howling, up to Oma's room as a last resort. So i gave in (i know, bad mom) and let him sleep with me in Ashleigh's bed!! so the battle on that front continues.... :(

hope you all had a great thanksgiving weekend and a good week!! Already the weekend, hope you have a good one! and to my hardworking, thoughtful husband - cheers!!

8 comments:

Sharon said...

What a great present from Kevin! I would love to go and see that, but alas I don't think it will happen :) Looks like you had a great date night.

Lori said...

Glad you had a good time...what a classic! Isn't it funny no matter how many times you see the movie, it never grows old! Talk to you soon!

Dauna said...

We're supposed to be going for my sister's bday! (surprise for her)! I am way too stoked for this! Its one of my all time fav movies :D

Dauna said...

..and I think we are going to have to rip Eva out of her crib...no one is allowed to touch Eva's crib while she is in there...I think it is her sanctuary or something away from the madhouse that is the rest of the family.

Holly said...

What a great present! Did he think of it himself? Great pictures, as always!

anonymouse :) said...

What a wonderful time! Looks like so much fun! I have been desiring some alone time with my husband, but the problem is this pregnancy sickness just doesn't allow for it!! We usually celebrate our anniversary with an overnight getaway but this year I was too sick...we will make up for it. Anyway, I would love to see the Phantom...I have watched the movie and know the music but oh to watch it! You guys looked great!

Sarah Barnes

Household of Faith said...

How fun that you were able to see the Sound of Music! I love that movie. Looks like you both had a wonderful time! Love checking out your blog. :0)

Matt and Julianna said...

How fun! I've had this want to go downtown TO for a while now and go shopping at the Eaton's center! Thanks for the compliments on the photos, coming from you of all people it means a lot! I think you are far more talented and experienced in that department though!