Thursday, June 4, 2009

wow.


I think one of my favourite (most favourite?) ministers of the word to listen to is John MacArthur. http://www.gty.org/ - btw did you know that KEv & I met him when we were in California a couple of years ago?? i was so excited. I still dream of cruising with him someday but I'm not sure if that will ever work out. wouldn't that be so great though?? for now I will be content to listen to him preach and watch him on youtube now and then, especially with Larry King. He is so unashamed of the gospel, and so willing to stand firm for what is right!

Anyways, a while ago I linked (on my sidebar) the site where you can listen to sermons by Rev. Martin Vogel of Living Water Reformed Church in Brantford. I LOVE listening to him preach, and think he is much like John MacArthur (thats quite something to make the comparison but aren't i right??) You really should listen to him too!! ladies, start with the one called "She Shall Be Praised" (from Mother's Day this year)- so so helpful for putting life into perspective. http://www.sermon.net/directoryDetail/c/14529

sorry about the linking - i'm too lazy and kev isn't around to do it for me!!
Praise God for these faithful men!! and others too of course!! :)

4 comments:

Holly said...

We are so thankful that we were able to grow under Pastor Vogel's wonderful preaching for the past 7 years...and so sad that he will be leaving us soon! I hope his new church will be able to continue posting his sermons online so we can continue to hear them! He's doing a series on Heb 11 right now--I'm not sure if they on the website yet, but they are excellent.

Sharon said...

I just listened to that sermon by Pastor Vogel last Sunday. It is very excellent and inspiring! I would highly recommend it as well. I am looking forward to listening to the Hebrews 11 sermons. That sounds great too!
Carole, I haven't talked to you in a while. I hope you guys are all well. Looking forward very much to seeing you in person soon :)

Maria said...

Funny, I just listened to that sermon from Pastor Vogel last week, too! Very good....

Dauna said...

Hee hee! I listened to 4 sermons the night you posted this and didn't get anything done that night that i had to get done, and...um...I was thinking later about how he was talking about a woman of God doesn't waste her time...i am sure listening to them was beneficial, but you know...place and time...i also could have only listened to one a night instead AND gotten my stuff done that night...oh well!