Who knows when you, my child, began
For far before this hour came
God called you by a special name
And held your soul within his hand
All knit you were within my womb
So intricate and small you were
But long before you first did stir
God saw you far beyond the tomb.
He has forever known your ways
Your face was gently formed by Him
He shaped your body limb by limb
And numbered all your given days.
Should I then fear for you?
By Christine Farenhorst Praamsma
(these are pics of Josh when he was born 2 years ago, I just found this poem that my mom had scribbled onto a paper probably years ago. I am posting it in honour of my new darling niece Megan. :) see Sharon's blog for pics of the littly hunny!)
2 comments:
I thought the pictures were one of each child and I was trying to figure out who was who. I thought I had figured it out when I read they were all Josh. So much for me thinking I knew who was who...
Carole, that's an awesome poem. Leave it to Mom to find something so perfectly suited. Thanks for posting it in honour of little Megan! You are motivating me to get back into blogging. :)
Post a Comment