Thursday, August 19, 2010

August 19, 2000



10 years ago today my dear Dad walked me down the aisle to my waiting groom. So much has happened since then, that it seems like a lifetime ago. We've lost a father since then, and in a sense we have lost a mother too. We've said farewell to two more grandparents. Our faith has been tested in these and other ways that we never would have wanted.

But God has been so gracious. He promised never to leave us. Through the sad times He encouraged us through His Word and Spirit, and through the love of His church. He has given us so many earthly blessings that we so often take for granted. He has poured out blessings on us in the form of three healthy, adorable children to raise for His glory. Although we have lost dear ones in our family, since our wedding 10 years ago my side of the family has actually doubled in size, with another little one expected any day to add to our numbers. Kev's side of the family has grown, too. The sweet fellowship that we enjoy in our church and with the friends God has given is a picture of Heaven on this earth. We are so happy where God has placed us.

I think back to what a baby Christian I was 10 years ago, and I am thankful that God brought trials into our married life to bring us closer to Him. We have not suffered much compared to other people, and God has blessed us with so much. I pray that we will be able to praise Him in these easy, prosperous years...but also if everything were to be stripped away from us. I am thankful that God holds on to us, because I know that human strength is weak.

I'm so thankful for 10 years with my sweet husband. I don't think I am an easy wife, but he takes it graciously. I praise God for His plan, for allowing us to be together. There is no one I would rather spend my life with.

"God makes your marriage indissoluble, and protects it from every danger that may threaten it from within and without; He will be the guarantor of its indissolubility.
It is a blessed thing to know that no power on earth, no temptation, no human frailty can dissolve what God holds together;
indeed, anyone who knows that may say confidently:
What God has joined together, can no man put asunder.
Free from all the anxiety that is always a characteristic of love, you can now say to eachother with complete and confident assurance:

We can never lose eachother now; by the will of God we belong to eachother till death.
~Dietrich Bonhoeffer~

This came in the mail this week, how fitting. :)









come over for a visit and I will probably insist you look at it with me. :) I love Blurb books! Amymom, I think I have you to thank (or blame?) for this obsession!! :)

9 comments:

Rich and Cher said...

Congratulations! 10 years - a long time, yet short, too, eh? So much happens to change and shape and mold you in that time - I too can say I'm thankful for the various stretching sessions the Lord has had us go through in our marriage. Makes for a much stronger marriage when you've weathered things together. I can clealy see the love you and Kevin have for each other - keep that love strong as the next 10 years fly by! Only by God's grace can we call marriage a beautiful, happy "institution" - this world, for the most part, can't see it that way anymore.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Kevin and Carole!! 10 years, wow! May the Lord continue to bless and strengthen you in the years to come together!!

anonymouse :) said...

Congratulations...We too are 10 years this year...I think we were on the end of a whole lot of weddings in 2000! God is good! Loved, loved, loved your pictures and your photo book is amazing! Yes, trials are surely shaping us...
I hear that you might come down this fall!!!! That would be super and please know that we would love to have you if you wanted to come to our place...its always open!!!
Sarah

Maria said...

Congratulations, Carole and Kev! I love your photo books... my dad has been telling me what beautiful books you make. I think I might have to look into that. When are you coming to visit us out here?

Anonymous said...

Happy 10th anniversary to you guys!!!
I'd love to peek through that book sometime - it looks beautiful! Which website did you use for it? I've been thinking of trying it out sometime too.

Sharon said...

Happy anniversary! I pray that you will have many more years together. I am so thankful for the Lord's work in your life and the blessing you have been to me. Lots of love to you guys!
P.S. I really want to see the book sometime!

Holly said...

Congratulations to one of my favourite couples! We love you guys, and can see that ever-deepening love for the Lord that you both share. I can't wait to see that photo book!

Lucy van Eyk said...

So glad that you spent some of your 10th anniversary trip with us!! What a swell time we had!!
I remember being at your wedding and going home early and having, our now 10 year old, Kristiana the next day. Memories are a great blessing.
I love your bothy page!!! 'Can't wait to see your book!!
Really do love you guys!

Dauna said...

Ok...I am inviting myself over in a couple of weeks to see it. It looks awesome! And guess what? My 15$ OFF expired. I coudln't get one together on time.

ah well! I have a couple on the go for Christmas.