Tuesday, August 3, 2010

simple. sunny. sensational. summer. (a totally random and disjointed post)




WOOHOo Jaden turned 4 today!! How I love our sweet son who it seems that just yesterday was just toddling around the house, and now is looking so old. He is very eager to learn all kinds of things, so I am hoping he will take off with the preschool curriculum. We shall see. :)

The other day he said to Ashleigh "Ashleigh, is it good to be proud?" And she answered no, to which he replied "Thank you. That was very helpful."

How adorable!! I wish they never had to grow up, at least not so quickly as they are. So bittersweet to watch. We pray that he will grow up to be a humble servant of the Lord. :)



I also love how he is so pleased with little things. He had a very dull birthday (especially compared to the circus we had for Ashleigh's 4th!!) but was so thrilled with his little cake, and with how people kept referring to his birthday. He is not always sweet, but sometimes he is just downright adorable and precious.


i took these for the last page of the Europe book that I spent, oh, a few hours making this past month. heh heh.


i think I might re-do them tomorrow though b/c it was too late in the evening and they are too dark. Bummer, since they are all looking so happy in them!!


this was less than pleasant. the friday before the long weekend no less! We were housebound the entire weekend (except when we borrowed my sister's car to get to church). Thankfully we were able to convince almost my whole family to come celebrate Jaden's birthday on the Monday night...NOTHING beats cousins time in this house!!

all kinds of drama for half the church to see. :) THe good thing is that kids find tow trucks extremely exciting, even moreso to ride in one. It is an adventure Kevin and I would rather forego though. :( Well, good thing for mechanics, especially one in the family!



This is at Ashleigh's soccer game, the boys LOVE playing inside the car. And they LOVE the baby of the house!!

What fun to have another sister living with us for the summer!

Especially one who cooks, cleans, babysits and gives pedicures :)




Sweet Josh has such a great work ethic and Kevin and I think it is adorable. I have to capitalize on it b/c who knows how long it will last. However I don't remember Jaden ever having a good work ethic!! Josh, on the other hand, feels very important to have a job to do and sees it through to completion. Makes Kev & I so proud. :)




He kept on working while the rest of us went for coffeetime!! He has always been Mr. Independent, quite the opposite from Jaden in that way. They couldn't be more different in fact!! I could sit there and watch Josh all day, he is at that incredibly cute age. To top it all off, he reminds me more and more of my dad (how he looks) and I think his character is like him, too. What a sweet blessing he is. :)

sweeeet delivery, from the Royal Mail. :) FUN!!!
Redmund is back in full force, hitting our office window probably hundreds of times a day. This started last spring, but he took a hiatus for the winter. Now he is back with a girlfriend who is pink. Maybe Redmund is actually the girl. Regardless, not the brightest bird on the block!
sweet Beppe was at a family thing we had a few weeks ago, it appears she was having a great time :)






This is funny to me b/c Ashleigh put this net thing that came on some pears on her head to be funny...but then forgot she was wearing it. half an hour later she wondered why Kev kept taking pictures of her. She is a huge help to me in the kitchen these days, she likes to springclean things for me. :) How adorable!
She is also increasingly confident playing soccer, a lot more fun to watch than last year. :)


clearly Jaden was due for a haircut.

sweet summer days. I don't want them to end!!

hope you're all enjoying your summer, too! :)

God bless!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jaden!! Looks like you had a fun day and what a great cake!! Love the rest of your pictures too!!

Jonathan and Denise said...

Great glimpse into your summer life! I too love these days even though they are busy - i always find it such a fun and mindless busy. Enjoy this last month . . .
p.s Charlene's baby looks just like her Mama - I bet that is so fun having them around.

Dauna said...

oy. I still have jaden's card upstairs NOT mailed. And I thought I was SO on the ball this year!!!

Hope he had a great day!

amymom24 said...

Great post!!

Happy birthday, Jaden:)

And we just had a similar experience - got a flat tire on the way home from Sarnia on Sunday in the middle of nowhere... not so fun with three little ones.

You are a great photographer, Carol. Love these captures of your family!

amymom24 said...

(just pretend there's a "e" at the end of your name - I forgot it:)

Sharon said...

Hi my long lost friend!!! It seems like ages. I really enjoyed that post about your summer so far. It looks like you're having some great days. I hope to see you soon. Love you!