Monday, May 30, 2011

Chicago bound!!

Here was the group of us, who made the trip down to Chicago in honour of my dear brother's and cousin's graduations from Mid America Reformed Seminary. It was a great road trip, although very quick!! My big regret is that my built in flash is busted, and although I had my bounce flash with me, I didn't have replacement batteries. So I don't have any good pictures of the graduation itself, which I am really sad about. Here's what I do have from the trip, completely out of order! This was as we were leaving:
We are so very thankful for Steve and Matt, and excited to see how God will lead. What a weighty calling it is to pursue the ministry, we pray that God will give them everything they need.

pardon my crummy pics of such an exciting event.


it was a beautiful, stormy sky that night!! This is the church where the graduation ceremony was held.
sweet, sweet Brian and Liz. SO kind of them to come all the way out.
How our family just LOVES this family. :)



the following pictures were taken at the picnic in the park, a dinner hosted by the graduates (Steve & Matt I think) for all who came to celebrate with them. It was great fun!

Sweet Sierra





Family friends from Wisconsin, who go way back in our family history. Mr. & Mrs. Ebbers (above) were great friends of my dad's family.

Wonderful Pastor & Mrs. Bout, so kind of them to come, too.
So nice to see Jeremy again! Too bad Kev wasn't able to be there (the graduation was on a Thursday night, unfortunately)

my back seat buddy (and her doting parents who must have sore necks after long trips :) )
the beautiful seminary! I had never been, it was so nice to visit. They hosted a delicious lunch on Thursday for all of the graduation guests.







Thats it for my pics, what follows are Louise's. Breakfast at the Marriott, always a hit, this one we could make not only waffles but waffles with chocolate chips and nuts and whipped cream (I know, that is nasty for breakfast but it was actually quite fabulous). There was also eggs, sausage, potatoes, vegetables, fruit and everything else they usually serve!
More delightful guests..
Steve's "hero" Pastor Anema & his family :)


Mom & her maid of honour (from Mom & Dad's 1975 wedding)

Dear cousin Matt & his amazing fiance, AnneMarie...I had hoped to do a post on their wedding from this past weekend but am running out of time now. NExt time!! What a beautiful couple!! So thankful for the way God provided.






the end!! Have a great week, all!!

ps. a BIG THANKS to those of you who took care of my kids so that I could go. I was so thankful to be able to be there!!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Cute picture of my in-laws! Nice to see these pictures, Carole, so many familiar faces there.... It is so nice that you could go for such a special occasion. Charlene's little girl is so cute!

Rachel Joy said...

Looks like a wonderful time, with many dear folks! I love the shot of Brian and Liz. :)