
having a fabulous time, but thankful that this trip is only a week. :) Missing the kiddos and looking forward to seeing them again soon!! But wowzers, Rome is amazing. those of you who have been know how impossible it is to capture in photos, as it is with anything great. SO much to learn and see. SO much tragic history. We are SO thankful that the Reformation happened. Praise God, He was gracious. Being in the Vatican today seemed like bondage to me. I am reading a great book called "Under the Inquisition" A Story of the Reformation in Italy... er, I should say I was reading it until Kev took a liking to it this evening while I was distracted trying to blog...now we will have to take turns reading somehow. Fascinating book. May we hold fast to the truth and be faithful to our Lord, whatever comes.

The Vatican City/Saint Peter's Basilica - biggest church in the world.



The Arch of Constantine

The Pantheon

the Colosseum
9 comments:
Wow, so exciting that you're in Rome! You guys are so well traveled :0)
Tim and I are going on our first real vacation (as in not camping) this winter for our 10th anniversary - somewhere in the Carribean, but we havn't decided which resort yet. I'm SO excited!
Enjoy the rest of your trip :0)
So glad you guys are having a great time! We loved going to Rome as well. Although the churches there are as you said, in bondage. That really struck both of us when we went. We are looking forward to seeing you somewhat soon:)
Neat, guys - keep the pics coming! And the "missing kids" bit sounds rather reminiscent of your last trip ;) So good to be reminded of how gracious God has been to us - and also to be spurred on to share the gospel so that others can be freed from that bondage.
So fun to see some pictures of your trip!! How very fun that you could go there together :) I'm sure the kids are doing marvelously with your mom. I hope to see you some time when you get back and hear more about your trip!
thanks for the comments. :) It was a great trip and we are thankful for the opportunity!
Jannyne, we are actually only well travelled b/c of Kev's job, he had one day of meetings in Rome. we certainly wouldn't have planned this trip otherwise! the timing was pretty terrible...we had a week at Tamarack, a long weekend to recover from that, left for Rome on Tuesday and flew back in last night, had a busy day today, and are supposed to leave for the cottage tomorrow night...all great stuff but I am totally overwhelmed right now as I have yet to start packing!! and so I am doing the logical thing, putting off the packing to peruse the blogs for a while... :) Anyways, not the greatest timing but I can't complain. Kev has it worse, he went straight to a council meeting tonight and has to fly to Moncton early tomorrow before coming up to the cottage tomorrow night...
have a great 10th anniversary trip!! congratulations :)
oops, I meant I am leaving for the cottage in the MORNING, actually. at least, thats the plan. Perhaps I should get to work if that is going to happen! For this family, nothing beats Rock lake Lodge so the late night ahead of me is absolutely worth it. :)
Its seems I haven't been online in ages (well, to blog...or to read blogs)! Life just gets so busy! I know I keep saying that...
The parthenon looks just like the Pantheon in Athens! I love the coliseum...it looks incredible! I'd love to go to the Vatican! I'm not sure we'll ever get to Rome, but maybe one day! We are deciding between the Mediterranean or the FJORDS, which we have never been. I hate vacation planning (the trip makes it worth it).
You are such a good mom.
Fabulous pictures, Carole! It's great to see a new blog post on here...finally!! : ) Hope you have a wonderful time at RLL--can't wait to see your pictures, and hear all about it!
Great photos...I have missed your blogging! Looks like a wonderful time! A special time away for the two of you and the kids with their Oma. Hope you are having a wonderful time at RLL. We love it there! Hope you are well!
Sarah Barnes
Post a Comment