
oh, how sweet it is. how we missed the little ones!! I was so excited that none gave me the mad, silent treatment (as has been known to happen in the past, a total downer when you've done nothing but think about them for the past few days :) ) and aside from Joshua (who seemed confused like i was from a distant dream or something that he vaguely remembered but couldn't quite place) they were thrilled to see us :). and how thrilled we are to be here, we thank God for the opportunity to re-charge and especially for the sweet responsibilities He has given us here at home. Now to put all the resolutions i made after reading so many books into practice!! (the hard part, once the excitement of being home wears off a little :)...

my two favourites. "Teach them diligently" i received as a gift from someone whose name i do not even know. When we went to the NANC conference in February the lady beside me and i started talking and she told me that this book changed her parenting so profoundly that it changed her life completely. She recommended i read it, of all parenting books. I had every intention of buying it myself when i went to the bookstore but when i came back after break it was sitting on my seat. :) I have to agree with her, it is a powerful book - very convicting and inspiring!! I have both books for the borrowing if you're interested!.


you can see Joshua's 2 little teeth above if you enlarge the pic :)

and below is the hat that we were so excited to find for Jade. Much to Kevin's dismay he actually wanted nothing to do with it. :(...i had to force him to wear it for a picture!!

yesterday morning we arrived at our last hotel of the trip (back to Fort Lauderdale where we flew out from this aft) and it turned out to be our favourite.

it was a golf & country club with a 10-min shuttle to the sister hotel on the beach...where we gladly spent the day






getting ready to go out for dinner...can you imagine though that even i am ready to start cooking again?? (if you know me at all you probably would know that i absolutely LOVE to eat out.)...i am actually excited about eating my own food!! I hope that the excitement won't wear off too soon...

And below are some pics from our stay in Naples, on the gulf side.



can you imagine living in a house like this??!?!?! unreal. Can you imagine cleaning it is another question. besides, wouldn't it get moldy?? i guess they probably thought of that before building it. regardless, I'll take my humble little abode in snowy, freezing cold Canada anyday - if thats where my hard-working, loveable husband and 3 precious kiddies are!! And a faithful church and family and friends that i love too :) ...I praise the Lord for His goodness to us!

btw I KNEW there was a firefighter i was forgetting!! thakns to Sharon for the reminder. and God bless Tim, or dear new in law :) (sorry tim :( )
6 comments:
Beautiful pictures guys! It loos like you had a great time away together. We are so glad to have you back though:) You were missed the short while you were gone. The kids look so cute in their matching pj's. Oh, and Jaden sat so cute in church with your mom. He just sat there on her lap so quietly, just looking around. Steve & I were laughing thinking about the difference between him and Isaac:)
Looks like a wonderful time! The hotels and everything look so extremely rich compared to what we see here all the time! I can imagine that it was great to be home again as well. Thanks for the note you sent to Wilf :) from the hotel. I have been wanting to write you an e-mail, and I hope to do it soon! Unfortunately the internet has been TERRIBLE here lately so it is rare that we can use the phone. Hopefully that will improve...
Lots of love to you guys from us!
wow, carole! Just as we expected - lovely pictures with such lovely subjects! You and Kev look rested and the kids look simply thrilled to have you home again! :) Tim and I are pumped about visiting Mom's home again to see you all and to hearing about the trip!!! :) When can we schedule a visit???
p.s. now that i'm feeling better, we're still hoping to redeem that rain check to have ash and jades over. :) although it seems uncle tim is feeling a bit under the weather as of recent!!! :(
Beautiful pictures Carole...I must admit I looked at them with some envy...lol...the kids are growing so fast! Looks like you were able to soak up alot of sun judging by your great tans! See you in less than a week!!
Love, Lor
Wow, beautiful! Thanks for showing us what you were able to enjoy there -- looks like a very special trip!
Wonderful pictures! You both look great...well rested, youthful and tan!! Its amazing how such beautiful vacations still leaving us aching for home! And even cooking and cleaning and noisy, rascally kids... (mine that is!-yours look to sweet and innocent)We have much to be thankful for! I love all the matching pj's..
Sarah
Post a Comment