Sunday, February 15, 2009

the much-anticipated (by me anyways) movie night!!


it was good we provided these b/c Jo really needed them. I think she used the whole box.

and me. i was fairly proud of my t-shirt. :)
and once the evening rolled around, these were the only pics taken of our fabulous guests!! Thanks to all for coming!


thanks so much to Eli & Dauna for coming. They even brought dinner beforehand (!!) and helped me get things ready. you guys are so great :)
i realize i am starring in this post but it is not b/c i want to make sure you notice my tshirt. (although secretly i do. its just so not "me" to do something like this, its more a tim-charlene/greg-charity sort of thing to do :) ) THis sequence though is to showcase how incredibly delicious (you almost cannot imagine) this cake by Cher (heart-shaped no less) tasted!! Thanks so much Cher!! mmmmmmmMMMMM!! If you knew how good it was you would be drooling right now.


this was that wonderfully warm weekend that we enjoyed a couple of weeks ago. it was wonderful to be outside but the snow family was extremely emaciated by the next day.
Ashleigh's new look. *bittersweet* :)
i will point out that the momma/poppa shapes are no accident. Kev purposely designed himself to have a big strong chest and me to be just plain round. and to think i made that t-shirt after that! :)






Have a good week, all!! Thanks for checking in. :)

11 comments:

Rich and Cher said...

Great fun, Carole - we loved it! Thanks so much for having us over in your very cozy home :) Too bad Jo spent so much of the evening crying, though, eh? Perhaps if we watch a comedy next time she's enjoy it more....... ;) I'm already planning a next time! :)

Rich and Cher said...

Oh - great shirt, by the way! (I can't believe I forgot to say that after all the visual reminders you gave us in your post.....;)
What a blessing from God our strong marriages are! We have His grace to thank for that!

Dauna said...

How is Ashleigh old enough to be missing a tooth? I still have pics on the fridge of her 4 years ago!!!)

Steve and Jo said...

I am just glad you had enough kleenexs for me. I mean man, the tears were just flowing!! Okay, okay, I guess you all just jealous of a non cryer:) It was a great movie, and even greater time. We really enjoyed it, and I did love your shirt as well. I am just suprised Kevin didn't make it for you himself:)

Rachel Joy said...

I've always said you D's wore your hearts on your sleeves (or on the front of your shirt, same dif)...
Good to know you still love the Kevster! ;)
Great pictures of your movie night... My consolation in not being there is that I did not have to make a fool of myself blubbering in front Jo!

Maria said...

Looks like a fun time, Carole! Your house looks so cozy.... and I love the pictures of Kev and the kids outside. :)

Sharon said...

Looks like a great time! Even my parents made it out and joined all you young people :). I love your shirt! It looks really cute on you. Was it a surprise for Kevin? What did he think of it??
I also had a good laugh about the snowmen becuase Wilf did a similiar thing once with our snowman family. He was very slim and trim and I was very...round. Of course I didn't look any better as the snow started to melt...

Holly said...

I'm so sad we missed this great event! Looks like fun! But am I to believe that Jo did not shed a single tear??? I nearly cry just watching the trailer! (I haven't seen the actual movie yet, so I can only imagine the tear-jerking potential) But then, I guess I may be a *little* jealous of a non-cryer...especially when the other day I was listening to the songs on your blog, Jo (so many emotional songs on your blog!), and when that SCC song about dancing with Cinderella came on, I suddenly realized I had tears streaming down my face. What on earth!!??

Carole said...

oh Holls so sad you couldn't come!! not to worry, i think non-cryers miss out on the emotional experience of a real tear-jerking movie!! hats off to jo though, i do think it is quite something not to shed a single tear during this movie...eh Kevin? Adam?? :)

Anonymous said...

Wish we could have been there...I heard it was a great time. I think that the only reason Jo was not crying was because she was too busy eating...the pic's prove it!! I too get teary at the trailor...I just ordered it and we are going to play it for our church as a yp night...with desserts and goodies.. I think I will offer to babysit the children so that I don't need to embarrass my self!
Sarah Barnes

Anonymous said...

Adam here... I feel I must defend myself - there was something in my eye the whole movie. Actually, it was in both eyes.

Kerri is also wondering where she can go to get a shirt like that but she's too embarrassed to ask.