Wednesday, April 15, 2009

more Myrtle Beach and other random things (brace yourselves, this got really long somehow!)

well I started out this day very much resolved to make the most of my time. (see post on T.I.M.E. above, this has to do with my new resolve to memorize more Scripture and do a better job of living it). Ahem. I then decided it was worth sharing, so i would blog my inspiring quotes. I furthermore decided that sometimes blogging can bit spruced up with pictures, for those of you who tend to skim words and look at pics (or am I the only one who does that sometimes??) so i decided to add one. from there, while keeping ashleigh focused on her school work, i thought i might as well add a few more random pics since i was blogging anyways and there are so many pics i have left un-blogged. then i remembered i never did post the rest of my MB pics which i'm sure my audience is dying to see!! well i hope you are dying to see them b/c here they are in the longest post i've ever created, i'm sure. once i started the MB pics i couldn't exactly stop and so it has taken me FOREVER!! enjoy!!
these are completely backwards, so here you see the last few days of our trip (ie. the week of "the BUG" to use Sarah & Jay V's name for it :) ) ...of course it didn't last the whole week, but this (below) is how I remember quite a few hours spent, with one boy or the other :(
so many fun memories of game nights (first with STeve & Jo, one with John Michael and Becky, and of course a week straight with Brian & Holls!!) We learned Ticket to Ride the week with B&H..so FUN!!
the watching tv sequence - FYI this was i think the only time the audience included mesmorized adults as well as children :) (some cookie making show, obviously very captivating!! :) )













Justin found some friends while taking a stroll down the beach :)


those kites were a hit that day, thanks Maria for bringing them!! :)




















I don't know who all of the kids are, but I do know that this adorable baby with the gorgeous blue eyes is Judah, John Michael and Becky's youngest. how adorable he is!!

poor Isaac was a little under the weather (little did we know what was to come) so he had a little snooze in the stroller. :)








before being stricken by the bug, Joshua had been really trying to stand more and had taken a couple of little wee steps (BEFORE his first birthday, might i mention!!). After the bug however he barely ever tried even to stand, and is just starting to try more now.




brave boy.
don't worry he wasn't attacked by a shark and bleeding at the neck. just sunburnt. :)

fat baby with the terrible hair part 1 (above) :)

fat baby with the terrible hair Part 2 (it gets even worse :) ) (here we try to cover up the bad hair with a ridiculous hat)

fat baby with the terrible hair Parts 3&4 (not to worry, he has since had a nice haircut although I couldn't bear for Kevin to chop all of the baby tufts off the top :) )
haha!! still so adorable :)





and a few pics of our short visit with Pete & Lauralee!! how we would love to visit with them longer if time allowed, but of course short and sweet was better than nothing :) Thanks again for having us!!

and the sweet adorable babies. This is Katie with Josh :)
i think she is realizing here that he actually has her toy that she loves :)



and this is what i started out with, very random pics of a coffeehouse here last summer. we LOVE serving as youth leaders for this fabulous group of young people!! They would appreciate your prayers as the work towards hosting Tamarack again this year!! :)






even more random, Joshua with baby Lauren, about a year ago!! how time flies :)
have a great weekend everyone!! :)

10 comments:

Steve and Jo said...

Great pictures Carole...I was waiting for you to post the rest. It seems so long ago, but what fun times we had. Thanks for letting us be part of it:)We really enjoyed spending time with you all. BTW, love the quotes, after last nights Bible study, I have been feeling very convicted about time, and how we often waste our time. Thanks for sharing those quotes.

Carole said...

thanks for commenting Jo :) if I haven't publicly stated how much we LOVED it that you were there (i meant to), i will now!! we really treasure you guys and are so thankful for you. It would NOT have been the same without you there!! btw partner I'm already started on my memory work, are you?? :)

Jennifer said...

Thanks for putting up more picturs Carol - I love the ones of everyone staring at the TV and the one's Holly, Bri & Kev slaving in the kitchen... while you're taking pictures :)

Nathan Selles said...

Great pictures Carole. Looks like you had an awesome time in Myrtle Beach.
Bethany

Carole said...

hey jen thanks for pointing that out!! :) actually i really did feel like i slacked off that week in terms of cooking & cleaning, it seemed i was always holding a sick child at the times when those needed to be done :S Thanks dear Holly for picking up the slack :) (&Bri&Kev)

Daniel and Joyce said...

Carole! It is always such a pleasure to read your posts and see your pictures. Thanks for the post on TIME...I've been so convicted lately at my complete slacking off/time wasting/laziness and I think it's safe to say (finally) that morning sickness is no longer an excuse I can use. I had it in my head to pick up E. Elliot's "Discipline" book but I will add E. George's book to be on the lookout for. Sometimes I feel guilty just sitting and reading when there ARE other things to be done; but those precious books are very much investments into time better spent in the future :) Thanks for posting :) Hopefully I will see you Monday when I'm in the area :) :)

Anonymous said...

Carole, I'm so happy to finally see your blog! You have some great pictures. We had a fun time with you guys as well,you are always delight to be with!
Love, Becky

Holly said...

I have to protest the idea that I was picking up any "slack" on Carole's part! Despite caring for her sick children, she still managed to be constantly serving the rest of us! You'll have to check our blog to get the REAL details. I was amused by the TV-watcher series as well---we really do seem engrossed, and yes, I think it was a kids show about making pizza! Anything to do with food has me hooked! : ) I also liked the pictures of Justin charging around on the beach, and Steve charging into the ocean ("charging" was Kev's word for it, I believe, and I see now what he means!) I loved the look on Sarah's face! : ) I also appreciated the quotes on time--such important reminders. Hope to see you guys again soon!

Dauna said...

My fav pic is the one of kev...totally random just looking bewildered.

I also love the one of josh in the stroller sleeping with the blanket. It looks like the one i have on my computer of jaden when he was about that age.

Rachel Joy said...

For some reason I missed this big post the last time I checked, and I was wondering, therefore, why you had mentioned that you had been going "bonkers on the blog lately" - since I only saw 2 new posts! Anyways, I'm glad I found it now! Very nice pictures again, Carole! Joshua is so delectably squeezable looking - I love the pic of him in the shades.
I'm shocked to see you posting on your own blog! Rather personable of you though, I'd say. :) See you Thursday, hopefully!