


this picture (above makes me laugh b/c although its not very clear you can tell how stoked Steve -5yrs-is to be driving the lawn tractor around, and it shows what a sweet opa he was to let Steve get such a thrill of his life (turned sour pretty fast though when Steve drove it smack into a tree!! haha)
such a sweet sweet Opa. and my Dad was that kind of Opa too, i still get so sad that my kids can't enjoy him on this earth. He would have LOVED them!!!
my sweet Opa passed away in 1990 I think, but his legacy lives on. His & Dad's fingerprints are all over this place, and while we know that God alone deserves the glory for giving these men the ability and blessings to accomplish what they did, we fondly remember them when we enjoy the beauty of the property we have been blessed with.
my sweet Opa passed away in 1990 I think, but his legacy lives on. His & Dad's fingerprints are all over this place, and while we know that God alone deserves the glory for giving these men the ability and blessings to accomplish what they did, we fondly remember them when we enjoy the beauty of the property we have been blessed with. 
6 comments:
I can't believe the winds were that bad there!! What a shame when such huge trees fall, it will certainly make the backyard a lot more bare. Did you get them cleaned up?
So sad to see :( Thanks for posting all the old pics... I'm emailing you a few more that show how sweet Opa was.
oh wow.... that is a shame! Nice post though, Carole, but so sad about losing those lovely trees. Good thing they weren't close to the house! We have three huge trees on our little property, all right by the house.... Speaking of which, when are you next in the area? I'd love it if you'd stop by for a visit sometime! Keep me in mind, ok?
are the trees in front of your house those colours now? Ours are just budding. Sorry I didn't read all the commentary. Kind of in a hurry, but I wanted to check up on y'all...
Aww, that's too bad. :(
But what an awesome display of God's might! As Isaiah says:
"Scarcely shall they be planted, scarcely shall they be sown,
Scarcely shall their stock take root in the ground, when He will blow on them, and the whirlwind will take them awake like stubble. To whom then will you liken God?"
Nice post, Carole... lots of memories at your place. (For many people besides yourselves, due to your and your mom's hospitality!)
thanks for the quote Rach!! I had tried to look for a good verse but obviously didn't try hard enough. a good reminder!! :)
Post a Comment