"I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me...And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen." (from Phil 4)
So these pics start out with the most recent visits, this weekend...
We were encouraged that he was taking a few steps this weekend :)

so adorable, who cares about tricks??!? (do i sound like i am trying to convince myself?? :) i do love to see a tiny child toddling around and i'm afraid Josh is past that stage already. Especially with his new buzz cut he got last week, he looks so old now!!)




We were so happy to have Curt and Jen here, and settling close by, and even happier to witness his ordination into the ministry this weekend. What a powerful thing, that God has given these men to us as a divine gift to us preach His Word and to care for our souls. I was reminded (again!) to pray more diligently for the ministers of God's Word, and those studying to be. Congratulations, and God bless you Curt & Jen!!





how we love our dear Uncle Cliff and Auntie Etta!! If we could be half the parents that they were (by God's grace), we would be thankful.
inserting a random shot of more yard work, thanks to Aaron and Jon and Ben and John for more help getting all the wood chipped up!!

more sweet music with some wonderful seniors from church. we love to sing around here, thats the other thing we will likely incorporate into the agenda if you come visit. :) and btw Wilf and Sharon, we can't wait for your welcome home party July 4 and some sweet singing by the campfire!! :) and maybe Wilf will play "O Lord of Hosts how lovely" on the piano to move me to tears as it always does. :) That reminds me I had better get the email out about that this week...










this is random too, one morning the boys had set this up, Joshua was "driving the car". I love when kids use their imaginations :)
they are such partners in crime though:

even more random, and kind of braggy now that i think of it, (but apparently i will keep it on anyways), is these t-shirts i made for Eli and Dauna's kids. its very easy to make t-shirts if you ever want to try. Just buy the transfers from Staples or wherever, if you have a good printer.

ok now we're getting really long ago, sometime in the past few months we saw these people off to their masquerade:
( a prize winning fairy above)
kind of fun to see the snow, everything is so beautiful and green now. i love it.


getting some coaching on walking from one of the favourite uncles (my kids have many :) )
and this is from Josh's first birthday, a while ago too but again, they beg to be blogged and i don't know why i didn't post them earlier. 



lots of people out for his birthday pizza and cake :)

what a little hunny, just loving all the attention the day brought him. :)
loving his present from Beppe (he must be the 3rd child b/c I think that was the only present he opened that day, oh and the smarties from T&C that we didn't really let him eat :) ) ...I would have been horrified to imagine no big presents when Ashleigh turned 1, but really, what could he possibly need?? and i had just gotten back from MB and was kinda sick myself... hopefully JOsh won't read this later and develop a complex!! rest assured that he is totally smothered in love even if he didn't get a big present!!



out of order, these are before his cake and he just looked from one guest to the other, completely thrilled about it all :) 
of course, TTR to end the birthday party :)
we even got Beppe playing :)
we also got in a visit to T&C's place, such a great time and we were spoiled rotten there. Thank again guys...and speaking of them, click on the link to their blog for pics of their trip to Europe, they are there now, the luckies. I'm so happy for them :)

a visit from my dear friend Amy and her adorable kiddies (3 of them :) )



and one fun day when Steve was up from Chicago for the weekend last month we had a pile of people coming and going, so fun... the Rogers guy who happened to be here that day installing our cable was very curious about the people of all ages who kept coming out of the woodwork of this house and hanging around on a Monday. :) We are thankful to God that Steve sustained his licensure exam that weekend and are looking forward to having him, Amy and Sierra close by for the summer!! 
sweet family times - looking forward, btw to Fathers Day with Kev's fam!!

don't see enough of this pretty face:
these pics are from April, this post was completely out of order. and the grand finale, another of our favourite visitors of all time:
whew, so that was some of our recent visiting!! thanks also to Steve & Jo for the fun visits recently, and anyone else i've forgotten to mention! i hope it wasn't too boring to scroll through. aren't good friends and family one of God's greatest gifts though?? Praise the Lord!!
sweet singing songs of praise, always so special :)
"Blessed be the Lord,
Who daily loads us with benefits,
The God of our salvation!" Psalm 68:19
have a really great week, all :)
5 comments:
Dear Carole, It was great that you could all get together on the weekend. It looks like you all had an amazing time.The love of family! Love Aunt Joann
Carole, I love it when you post lots of pictures! I never get down to Toronto anymore so I never get to see anyone - it is nice to be able to look at the blogs and see what is going on.
I'm sure we'll see each other this summer at some point. Steve is going to be interning at Riverside as well as Woodstock.
How wonderful to be enjoying so many visits with dear friends!
Nice pictures once again! Joshua looks like a load of fun. :)
Never boring to look through your pictures Carole! Looks like you have many great friendships and that is indeed much to be thankful for. I loved the t-shirt idea and also the pictures of your boys using their imaginations - somehow you just have to close your eyes to the mess and let them have their fun:)
We had such a fun time at your house on Sunday, although it would have been great to get a game in...when are you guys available to play? I just wanted to let you know I enjoyed that lunch so much. I was so full, that I barely ate one thing for supper, and even Steve could barely eat....we talked about that lunch for most of the evening:) Of course the fellowship is the most important, and that was great as usual!
Post a Comment