Wednesday, May 27, 2009

ooops.

i realized afterward that my last post may have come across sounding braggy - in no way at all did I mean to suggest that we are popular or anything of that sort - any friendships we do have are completely undesserved esp considering our quirky ways!! to clarify, uploading my recent pics served to remind me that having a godly heritage and being a part of the church community are such great blessings...praise the Lord that probably most of us checking this blog share those gifts. I'm guilty of taking them for granted, thats all.

ON another note, we will miss Michele around here!! She is officially out, although back for a visit today and fit in some scrapbooking with Ash. For Ashleigh's 6th birthday last fall Michele bought her a scrapbooking kit and promised to scrap with her every week to finish the book, despite her busy schedule as a nursing student. How special for Ash!! She absolutely LOVED it, every week they would schedule a time and then Michele would make hot chocolates and the two of them would work away at it, pic by pic, page by page. The book is something that we cherish, one page brought me to tears when Ashleigh showed it to me. Priceless memories for Ashleigh, she will always adore Michele (and the rest of the FFF who dote on her, they are the sisters she never had -i should say doesn't have yet- and I have been very thankful for them and their willingness to spice up her life. :) )

Michele is great to have around, she is an excellent listener and a great example to all of us. She has wisdom beyond her years and a sincere heart for the Lord. We love you Michmele!!

The yellow room just isn’t the same without her. :)

a sampling of the book...
you can guess which page made me cry, how precious...

11 comments:

Rich and Cher said...

You funny thing, Carole :) I never once thought of your post as braggy - instead, I was reminded of the specialness of friends and how thankful I am to be surrounded by people who spur me on to love the Lord better and who enrich my life with many tender as well as good times. And you're one of those special people :) I loved Ashleigh's scrapbook and her page about your dad is very touching. Aaah - heaven.

Sharon said...

Nice posts Carole! It is really very sweet of you that you always remember us when you talk about your friends :)-it brings a tear to my eye and I appreciate it so much. We are really looking forward to seeing you guys again.
Not too far away now.... :)

Nathan Selles said...

Aww..Ashleigh's scrapbook pages are gorgeous. Michelle is so sweet to do that.

Bethany

Holly said...

Carole, I hadn't checked your blog for a little while, and there was so much catching up to do! : ) I still have the tears on my face after reading Ashleigh's letter to your dad---so special. Friends really are such a blessing, eh? A few books I've been reading also have reminded me of that, and how much I take it all for granted. We hope to see you guys sometimes soon...it's been far too long!!

amymom24 said...

That is so special! The page about your dad is beautiful. I would totally cry too:)

Rachel Joy said...

Sweet scrapbook. :)

You and Kevin are a popular couple, and it wasn't your blog post that clued me in. Why do I know it? Because you're delightful to be around - that's why!

Hey, your comments about bragging did give me food for thought though. I suppose the very nature of blogging is sorta braggy - unless someone uses their blog to vent their complaints (which you dont'!)
I don't know - I guess we ultimately hope that by blogging we're bring glory to God, but as with anything we do to the glory of God, pride can sneak in on us in the process. It can for me anyways. It's like what we talked about at ladies' Bible Study Tuesday night. Anyways, I don't quite think it's a reason to stop blogging (or dusting, or putting out the fine china for the ladies' tea) but it is something to keep in mind and to guard against all the time!

Maria said...

Carole, Asheigh's letter to "Opa" made me cry too.... So sweet.

Trish said...

Cute scrapbook! Yesterday Elisha saw a picture of my mom and said "I wuv Oma!"

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful covenant child Ashliegh is. I love to see child-like faith so evident. It reminds me of what Liam told Kerri as they were burying a pheasant that died "When Jesus returns it will be raised alive from the dead and then we will see it again-right?" He also told Kerri not to worry if he was "killed" because when Jesus returned they would see each other again.
And good grief, she scapbooks amazing. I should be taking lessons from her.
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Carole, it wasn't at all braggy - Christian homes should always be open for others, and that's what you do. I'm looking forward to visiting with Rachel. If Kerri reads this comment, she'll come too!
Love, Marietta

Michele said...

Hey Carole-I will miss being there too! But hopefully we will have more visits :)

Lots of Love