any insight from you my wise friends?? :) I think balance is the key!! And it goes without saying that i haven't attained a proper balance yet, but I found both of these insights helpful:
from Randy Alcorn, linking an article by John Piper:
http://randyalcorn.blogspot.com/2009/10/facebook-and-twitter-are-they-worth-it.htmland from Josh Harris:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzxmMvbBilMOn that note, a while ago I felt convicted that I was wasting too much time on the internet, I found myself having the unhealthy habit of using the computer whenever I was putting off something unpleasant. It was feeding my lazy procrastination. So I decided it would help to rid myself of facebook. I had to laugh when this sentimental message came up -

Kevin will miss me?? we're in trouble, if I connect with my husband through facebook. Sharon will miss me?? Sisters do not need facebook. and of all people, Lynnette, Julianna and (this one takes the cake) Peter!! I'm pretty sure none of them would even notice, especially Pete!! I thought it was funny. :) It must have been convincing though, thanks to Lynnette, Julianna and Pete I am still the procrastinator lurking around facebook :)
I'd better get back to work :) have a great day, all!!
8 comments:
lol! that's hilarious. have fun lurking! ;)
That's a riot - what a laugh :) I made a kinda vague decision to NOT join facebook, but I did try to join - but my blocker wouldn't let me :) And now Rich won't let me - he's doing it to protect me b/c he knows my personality - I love tidbits of people's lives, but I'd spend too much time nosing around when I'm needed here :) It's one of those things that some people can handle just fine and others can't - you need to be honest with yourself about whether you're using your time in the way that would best "redeem the time" and glorify the Lord. Love your honesty, Carole - it's refreshing and encouraging!
So funny! Not being a facebooker, I always find humor about facebook highly amusing. :) I am avoiding facebook for the same reasons as Cher. Some people say they find it helpful in building relationships, etc... But I'm not convinced it'd be a good thing for me at this point.
Great post Carole! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Are you coming over or not??
I so know what you mean. As with most things in life, moderation is the key. Something I definitely struggle with as well!
Funny Carole! I still don't get what is so great about Facebook! I love blogs to keep up with people's lives b/c you don't always get to talk to everyone at church. But I find Facebook full of little unimportant things like.. so and so just had toast... I love you all but I really don't need to know those kinds of details! I find your blog worth while though! :)
WOW!! heehee!! I had to laugh when I read this!! LOL
please dont get rid of your facebook!!!!
Grant it, I have often had to limit myself because the internet can be a serious time waster...
Be strong!! Set limits...and keep your facebook...I love having you as a facebook friend!
Post a Comment