
Thanksgiving is such a great holiday, and we have so much to be thankful for!! Prosperity and freedom and fellowship on top of His incredible spiritual gifts...God's goodness inspires us to praise. On top of it all, this year we were able to go to Vermont to visit our dear friend Jeremy...we are so thankful for God's hand of blessing on our weekend. The pictures speak for themselves, but if you haven't been to Vermont yourself you can expect it to be about 100 times as beautiful as these pictures make it look. Look at Rachel's blog, linked on my blog list below, for better scenery pics.

It is a shame that Josh is missing his pants. thankfully this was because he fell in the water and nothing else. :)

Group shot. thanks to Erik & Rach for coming b/c I don't think we would have gone otherwise...although now that we know how amazing it is there, we are definitely hoping to go again.

oops, those were out of order. Here they start, with the road trip:

Horton hears a Who was good for some great laughs. :)

Our Destination: Saturday morning (we left Friday afternoon and arrived in the wee hours)

at the top of Mount Phyllo! (I think!)







It was such a pleasure to visit Jay in his church. What a great calling. We were encouraged and blessed by the worship and preaching of God's word.

These pics are still on Saturday, hiking (as much as the little ones would take, anyways...)










Sunset viewing from Jay's backyard.

We were so excited to be able to visit Dan & Sarah...we have often talked about going since Sarah has sweetly been inviting us for years. I don't know why we didn't visit sooner!! It was so special to be there on Sunday afternoon and to spend time with this beautiful family. Nate & Beth were there too and I hope they didn't resent us for storming in on their visit. Not to mention the work they must have had to do for the Thanksgiving feast we consumed that afternoon, they must have slaved for hours!

yum, yum, YUM!!

I love this picture of the farm boys. :)



ho hum, deer are running around in the field while we walk past.


beautiful, BEAUTIFUL!!

THANK YOU, DAN & SARAH!!

what a beautiful, special family. We were completely pampered by them, and blessed by their sweet hospitality and fellowship. It felt like family, and the best part is that we really are brothers and sisters in the Lord. This communion of the saints is something I am hoping I never take for granted.
Thank you Jay, for welcoming us and for planning so many things to make our visit so wonderful. We LOVED it!!
4 comments:
These were beautiful. You take such nice pictures Carole. We LOVED visiting with you! We can't wait until you come visit again. And yes, what a blessing it is to have family in the Lord. You are always welcome to come and stay with us! Dan and I enjoyed ourselves immensely...in fact, I felt a little guilty when I pulled away at 3 from your cottage on the river as I realized you had wanted to leave earlier but you were too nice to kick us out! Thanks so much for allowing us to share in the fun! Come again!!
Sarah
Great pictures, Carole. I love the shot of Sarah and family!
Beautiful pictures Carole. Such a beautiful place. Looks like you guys had a great time!!! It was so nice to get to see you guys on sunday and also meet Eric and Rachel. You have such a beautiful family.
Bethany
Great pictures! They sure put a smile on my face. Good, good, times. Lots to be thankful for. We should definately do it again sometime.
Post a Comment