I finished reading the biography of Patricia St. John to the kids and am halfway through Hudson Taylor, while the nights that Kev is putting the kids to bed he is reading about Dr. Helen Roseveare. What incredible, amazing, powerful stories of the way God uses those who trust Him, the kids love to listen to them (well, the boys always drift off to sleep and aren't getting much out of them but Ashleigh just loves them). In googling Helen Roseveare I noticed that she spoke at the 2007 Desiring God conference with an amazing starstudded lineup - Piper, Macarthur, Alcorn and Bridges. Wow, it must have been amazing to be there...I'll have to listen to those speeches someday. Here is a video of Helen Roseveare.
To have their faith!! Our God is great. How amazing that we can be encouraged in our faith by reading about what God has done through people like these, this is a gift in itself!
Right now I'm reading the adult biography of Hudson Taylor and Maria, also from Christian Focus. It is good to be reading again, since I have been book-making so much (as in, photobooks, totally self-centered I know) that I haven't read much lately at all (aside from reading to the kids). Any recommendations of books you been reading lately?
Have a great weekend, all!
3 comments:
Pride and Prejudice and Sense and sensibility (my first time for the latter). I also want to try to read Emma. I don't think I have ever really read that before, so I have to probably go out and buy it.
I love "Becoming More than Just a Good Bible Study Girl" by Lysa Terkeurst.
I also forgot to tell you I have a book here to give you I just finished. I think you would LOVE it. I read it in one day, so its definitely an easy read. Its about the man who started the mission in Ghana (that I will be working on in May)
Post a Comment