
the sight of these things in my house makes me happy.

I must be becoming my sister. :)

I hope so, for one thing because maybe it means that healthier foods are starting to appeal to me more (**not to say that junk has lost its appeal, thats for sure :) )

but also because I think my sister Sharon is perhaps the woman I most want to be like in the whole world. :)

But regardless of the healthy factor, these are things that anyone would love...even a junk food addict, even ME, even my MOM (with her fabulous baking skills and sweet tooth, in this way perhaps the polar opposite of Sharon) I am sure would enjoy these delicious items. You should try them out!! By the way, my MOM is the other woman I would most like to be like. :) I am so blessed with godly women in my life to encourage me!! So to my dear mother and sisters (Kev's too!) and girlfriends out there tonight...THANK YOU!! I praise God for you.
8 comments:
Good reading and good eating :) I'm just now reading a book called something like "Becoming God's Woman" (that doesn't sound quite right....) and it's got a section that has a great challenge on the amount of time and thought we women spend on our outward appearance when the inner woman is what God considers precious. And, btw, that food all looks good to me, too. That's part of my problem - most food looks good to me :(
praise God he gives the body the ability to adjust to such a dramatically different way of life. Strength and prayers! steve & amy
I don't know about the first items but I am totally into hummus! I hope it goes well for you as you continue to try this diet. I hope your hands feel better soon!
I like your previous posts too, but don't comment much these days as I usually check while I'm nursing babes.
mmm! I love all that stuff you posted, except I have never HEARD of lentil chips before! I love lentils, so maybe I'd like it?
Carole, this is a cute post, and I think your sister Sharon is very sweet, too! What a wonderful thing to say about your mom and sister, though... shows what wonderful women they are!
Wow, Carole, very sweet of you to say such things! Don't be like me in certain areas though, please! :) I certainly have lots to work on... Any good in me is just the result of God's incredible grace!
I thank Him for you, Carole, & am keeping you in prayer... love you lots! :)
The second last picture makes me want to ask if you are going gluten free? Is that too nosey to ask? If it is, please ignore it! :-P I'm gf, and I have to say it is a very good feeling to eat no (or almost no) junk food! :-)
haha, Anita, not nosy at all! I'm on a bit of a health/detox diet, thats all!! I am not counting on being G-free for life at this point. :) I'm not sure how much is psychological, but it does help to know that what I'm eating can only be helping my health and not hindering it. I survive it by eating hummus by the pail-full. :) No word of a lie, in my fridge at this moment is a shelf FULL of hummus (ie, nothing else but hummus fits on the shelf! ridiculous!!) Day 5, down. :)
And Steve is right, praise to God b/c I know He is helping me do it (I hate to admit that I need His help when really it should not be hard for me to eat this way. How sinful to act like it is a burden, when there are so many starving in this world!)
Thanks for the encouraging comments, all! :)
Post a Comment