Tuesday, February 15, 2011

our winter so far - the white wonderland outside and warm fellowship inside :)

Hi! That may be a tacky title but its true, we have been enjoying sweet cozy times with family & friends during these very white winter months. Piles of snow, hey? My sister snapped this when we were sledding across the street during one of the many blizzards we had a week or two ago. happy family, very blessed. :)


Here are a few of the recent happenings starting with pics of our annual gourmet, this year at Erik & Rachel's.
its always wonderful!



and SO delectable!
3 new babies in attendance since last year, so special!
perhaps the easiest baby ever Kentin (above)
sweet Tyler (above) and Ezra (below), all so cute.

ok, this kid is amazing! He just sat there like this in his high chair the whole evening! He was completely thrilled if anyone paid any attention to him, and completely content if nobody did!! SWEET!!


Dear Mrs. Boonstra knitted all 3 kids slippers. I don't know why, she gave them out of the blue one Sunday morning. So thoughtful, and so special for the kids. they love them! The boys love how slippery they are, they pretend they are skating. I took these pics for the thank you card we made.





We were also welcomed in for a delightful afternoon tea. It is easy for me to not make time for things like this, but that is my loss. Times like these are precious to me and I am thankful for the dear elderly people in our church and their testimony of God's goodness to them even through difficult times. I am reminded to pray more faithfully for them.



SO hard for poor Josh not to touch their water fountain!! he was completely fascinated with it. :)

always wonderful times with this dear family...


We are all so much enjoying the new homeschool group. I was worried that it would be an adjustment and I don't take well to change :) (and we did love the old group) but I needn't have worried. It is a wonderful blessing and we are so thankful for it!!














and lots of family things, and hoping to spend time with Kev's side on the long weekend! These pics are of a very yummy dinner that my dear sister Lou prepared for Kev & the kids & I. Charlene happened to be over that weekend and enjoyed it too! Thanks Lou!

Jade is absolutely nuts about hockey. If you remember this post
you'll know why Kev is so thrilled about that.
he has some pretty hard shots on net!










celebrating the 40th birthday of a set of twins we all love! They are just like family.

we're not into Valentines day, these are old pictures. :)
my sweet boy and his "bubs". He is looking older, except when that thing is around. he L.O.V.E.S. it.

sweet bedhead. LOVE him. :)

ahhh, and it appears thats it!! wowzers, that was a lot of pictures!! It would be better if I would do them a few at a time eh?

Have a great week, all!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It appears that you had a nice, cozy winter. Loved your pictures - your little cuties are growing up very quickly. It wouldn't be hard for me to repeat last year's March break!
Marietta

Charlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlene said...

Aaah, what a nice post, Carole! Pictures so great for capturing moments of real life!!! Love each one! You keep inspiring me to blog. :)

LOVE YOU!

Maria said...

Great pictures, Carole! I LOVE the first one... what a great family picture! And how nice of Mrs. Boonstra... I think they are such a sweet couple - they were always so kind to us and our naughty children when we sat by them in church, encouraging us in our parenting with their kind words. I still hope you guys will come over for a visit sometime! Sorry it didn't work last week.

Sharon said...

Wow, Carole, tons of great pics! God is so good!
You are inspiring me to blog again as well! as soon as I get Picasa back... :)

Sharon said...

So many nice pictures again :) It is very cute to see that Jaden loves hockey now. I'm sure his Dad is thrilled!
Love you! Come see us soon :)

Anonymous said...

aaahhh very nice to participate in your fun times from a distance. Love to you all!

Steve & Amy

Rich and Cher said...

Thanks for posting all of those! I always hope to see more pics of Hope folks, so it was SO nice to see the Boonstras! Your family is growing up, eh? Your little one is not so little - glad to see him still cozying up to his blankie - I love it that Yvetta has a blankie hanging around all the time, too :) E-mail me sometime - I'd love to hear a personal update :)