Michael: "Who Is Like God?" (named this after his dad)
we made it to the end!! We thank and praise God for His incredible kindness to us. I know I've been whining about how huge I am...in the end it seemed that I actually didn't get as huge as I felt I was. :) The problem was I looked like this and felt huge and uncomfortable for the whole last half of the pregnancy. But I have NOTHING to complain about...being pregnant is awesome and the reward absolutely indescribable. :) I never should have complained. So, here I am 9 am on Thursday morning, set to go in for induction. Baby had been breech and flipping and still not in the proper position...I didn't want to tell people I was being induced though because things change so fast and I had already had a few false alarms so we kept the plans secret knowing that they can change very quickly and it can all be very anticlimactic.
But that was the day...10/11/12 as it turned out, and he was ushered into the world by a fabulous team of drs and nurses at 5:49 pm. He had given us a bit of a scare during labour b/c his heart rate was going from over 160bpm down to 80 with every contraction, and they had me prepared to be c-sectioned. In the end he stabilized, thankfully, and came naturally. While in labour I always find that a c-section sounds fabulous but I am so thankful I didn't have to have one in the end. You people who deliver at home, I have no idea how you do it!! I have done 2 naturally (without epidural) and I tried an epidural last time...this time the dr recommended it b/c of the risk of having an emergency c-section and I have to say, it was AMAZING!! I went from the depths of despair (you who have experienced oxytocin know the valley that can be) at 4pm to being on the heights of the hills once it started working. The epidural I had for Josh was nothing like this. I sailed through the last bit of labour and pushed for less than 2 minutes. I had been thinking there was no way I would ever be convinced to go through this again and wondering how I was crazy enough to do it 4 times...to already looking forward to the next one. :)
The midwife missed the birth, it all happened very quickly in the end. Here she is checking out the baby. She ended up referring him to a paediatric doctor because of a strange blister thing he had on his wrist. The paediatric doctor wanted to do blood cultures, etc, to rule out the possibility of infection or disease. We had planned to try to come home the same night (this is also why we didn't call a lot of the people we planned to..sorry). Thankfully so far the tests have come back negative for any signs of infection or disease, and they cleared us to come home this afternoon. I am SO thankful for great medical care in Canada, we have been so blessed!! So this is my midwife, Mariana. It was going to be the first time trying to go with a midwife...she was very sweet. :) Zachary weighed in at 8lbs 11oz, I was happy b/c Tuesday's ultrasound showed him to be a whopping 9,13!
First visitors, yay!! My dear sister Sharon & her husband Ralph ran over (literally, the hospital is across the street) for a quick peek and we were so happy that they could take some pictures, too!! My sisters have been such amazing support to me, the younger ones too...there is NOTHING quite like a sister, eh??
Zachary's First Morning...the first picture Mommy takes of Zachary he is looking very cooperative. :)
oh, sweet baby boy. I had expected a girl looking like Josh :) right up until I started all my late-pregnancy ultrasounds...something the tech said must have given me clues and I started to really feel like it was a boy. And we would have loved a little girl but I can't express the love in our hearts for this little person already...wouldn't trade him for a million girls! (that is a silly comment since who would want a million girls, but you know what I mean?) already we can't imagine anyone else instead of our little Zach and know that God knew exactly what would be perfect for our family. Boys are awesome!!
forced to relax in the hospital for 2 days!
words can't express. :) the miracle of life just boggles my mind!
and LOVING our visitors!! Thanks so much to all who came...
Big sister!! We hoped she wasn't disappointed...she says she isn't. :)
"Pastor" Corey...he is going to be such a great pastor and we will miss him and Jill SO MUCH!!
on top of the world!! loving every snuggle.
I love you Andrea!! Thanks for visiting. :)
the boys have been so excited too. I can't thank my Mom enough, either, who has taken care of them and us and really...does my mom ever stop??!! Her life is a whirlwind of craziness and adventure and service for the kingdom...I am SO thankful for her and her example of love for the Lord and others. Somehow I don't have a picture of her & Zach but I think Ralph and Sharon do.
Rudy & Louise!! Surprise!! from all the way in Aylmer, just for this visit...thanks so much, guys and I can't wait for your news in the new year!! Yay, babies are the BEST!!
ready to go HOME!!
How can we ever express our thanks to God for all His goodness?
Thanks to all of you for your prayers and love. We feel so incredibly blessed. Please come and visit because all of this newborn deliciousness must be enjoyed! :)
103 Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
4 Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
4 Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
6 The Lord executes righteousness
And justice for all who are oppressed.
7 He made known His ways to Moses,
His acts to the children of Israel.
8 The Lord is merciful and gracious,
Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy.
9 He will not always strive with us,
Nor will He keep His anger forever.
10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor punished us according to our iniquities.
And justice for all who are oppressed.
7 He made known His ways to Moses,
His acts to the children of Israel.
8 The Lord is merciful and gracious,
Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy.
9 He will not always strive with us,
Nor will He keep His anger forever.
10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor punished us according to our iniquities.
11 For as the heavens are high above the earth,
So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
12 As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
13 As a father pities his children,
So the Lord pities those who fear Him.
14 For He knows our frame;
He remembers that we are dust.
So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
12 As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
13 As a father pities his children,
So the Lord pities those who fear Him.
14 For He knows our frame;
He remembers that we are dust.
15 As for man, his days are like grass;
As a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
16 For the wind passes over it, and it is gone,
And its place remembers it no more.[a]
17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting
On those who fear Him,
And His righteousness to children’s children,
18 To such as keep His covenant,
And to those who remember His commandments to do them.
As a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
16 For the wind passes over it, and it is gone,
And its place remembers it no more.[a]
17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting
On those who fear Him,
And His righteousness to children’s children,
18 To such as keep His covenant,
And to those who remember His commandments to do them.
19 The Lord has established His throne in heaven,
And His kingdom rules over all.
And His kingdom rules over all.
20 Bless the Lord, you His angels,
Who excel in strength, who do His word,
Heeding the voice of His word.
21 Bless the Lord, all you His hosts,
You ministers of His, who do His pleasure.
22 Bless the Lord, all His works,
In all places of His dominion.
Who excel in strength, who do His word,
Heeding the voice of His word.
21 Bless the Lord, all you His hosts,
You ministers of His, who do His pleasure.
22 Bless the Lord, all His works,
In all places of His dominion.
Bless the Lord, O my soul!
11 comments:
Carole, congratulations! He really is adorable. Ashleigh looks so old in those pictures, I think it has been a LONG time since we have seen you! And she looks so much like you! SO glad that all is well! (and by the way, I had an epidural for my last baby as well, and it is strangely surreal and wonderful, isn't it? I don't know why I felt the need to be a superwoman the other four times! :) )
Aww, can't wait to see this bit of "newborn deliciousness"! What special times... I'm so happy for you. :)
Congratulations! I love the little guy already. Can't wait to see him on Tuesday!!! Love Steve & Amy
Oh my! I can't wait to meet him!
And I am the opposite! I had the epidural the first time for the last 5 hours after a long labour without it and then for the other two it didn't work out. The other two came too quickly to get it (it was ordered!!! Didn't arrive on time!)...
Back to Zach, I love his name, love his face, he's soooo cute!
Congratulations Kevin and Carole!!! What a sweet looking boy!! Glad to hear everything went well! We were blessed with a little boy this past week tuesday, Oct. 9th, Lawson Martin! Everything went well and we are really enjoying the "newborn deliciousness" too! Congrats again!!! Michelle vanDrongelen
Congratulations Kevin and Carole. He is absolutely beautiful. God is good.
Jarrett and Aileen
I am SO happy for you guys! What a wonderful gift from God. And he is so beautiful. I hope that I can come and visit soon. I'll call you :)
Congratulations Kevin and Carole! We too are thrilled with you. He is soooooo cute! I miss the newborn stage- but I'm glad to see you enjoying it! It does fly by all too fast. You looked beautiful before he arrived and you look amazing now! Enjoy your gift from God. (and I thought the same thing, that Ashley is looking incredibly grown up!)
Congratulations, guys! We praise God with you for the safe arrival of another sweet baby for you to love and care for and train for the Lord! What a cutie! Can't wait to see him. Aren't babies just the best? I hope you are able to enjoy all these sweet baby days...it sounds like you are feeling well (and you look great, by the way!)
Congratulations yet, guys!! So exciting! What a cutie :-) Hope things are going well.
Congratulations Kevin, Carole and family! What a gorgeous baby!!! Such an amazing gift from the Lord! Carole you look absolutely fantastic! Seriously how did you just give birth:)
Bethany
Post a Comment