Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Carole!!



Well... it is now officially September 2nd and we all know what that means.... Carole is another year wiser!

We've had this blog up and running (between thesearethedayz 1 and 2) for over five years and, believe it or not, this is my very first post (though I have made my share of editorial comments that have made their way on to other posts)! But what better occasion to post than on the 31st birthday of my sweet wife! She has been such a blessing to me (and the kids) over the last 10-plus years and we are all so thankful for her. I sometimes feel for her as she has been called to be the helpmate for a fellow in need of so much help, but she is always up to the task... and for that I am most grateful.

Carole, may the Lord bless you with many more years of health and happiness as you serve Him. I pray that you will continue to share your joyful spirit (and the many talents that God has blessed you with) with others inside and outside of our home in the years to come.

The heart of her husband safely trusts her;
So he will have no lack of gain.
She does him good and not evil
All the days of her life.

Her children rise up and call her blessed;
Her husband also, and he praises her:




I LOVE MY WIFE!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CAROLE!!


14 comments:

Lucy van Eyk said...

Happy Birthday Carole!!!

Rich and Cher said...

Happy Birthday, dear Carole! I must agree with Kevin's analysis of you - many talents and always willing to share them and your joyful spirit with those around you. I've admired many things about you over the years I've known you - you've been an inspiration to me and an encouragement in many ways. And I've greatly enjoyed your friendship - you're a very special person, and we've enjoyed many a good talk and laugh together :)
Great tribute, Kevin!

Anonymous said...

What a great post Kevin =0) Happy Birthday Carole!!

Steve & Amy said...

wonderful wonderful wonderful.

anonymouse :) said...

Wow...Kevin..that was beautiful! You truly are blessed with a very special wife! It is wonderful isn't it to have such a deep love for another and to be so aware that it is a gift from the Lord. You guys are the best! Happy Birthday Carole. It was wonderful to see you!
Sarah Barnes

Maria said...

How sweet, Kev. Happy Birthday, Carole! We would love to have you guys over for a visit sometime, and to see our new place. When are you in the area? I heard you are coming tonight/tomorrow?

Holly said...

This is one of the best blog posts ever! Carole, you are an amazing wife, mother and friend. We love you! We pray that the Lord will continue bless you and make you a blessing for many many more birthdays to come. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Carole!!! Shame, shame on me for forgetting. I missed having a facebook reminder :) Well I have officially caught up on your blog and see that you had a great summer. Again, shame, shame on me. Kevin, what a great post, so well written, so true of your beautiful wife! Hope to hear more from you on this blog!
Thanks for coming, we had a great visit!
Rach

Rachel Joy said...

I've never "heard" so many words from Kevin all at once! Super sweet! I love the pics, too.
Happy Birthday, dear friend.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Carole!!!

Nathan Selles said...

Happy Birthday Carole!!
Bethany

Steve and Jo said...

Happy Birthday, dear friend!! I just love this post, since it is so true! You are a very special person, and I am so thankful for your friendship! I hope you had a great day with your family!!

Dauna said...

Oh, Kevin! That's so sweet!

I would be impressed if Eli even figured out how to do a blog post on his own, let alone do it so well!

I haven't been blogging (for many reasons! I'll get back to it soon, but that also means I dont check other's blogs usually when I am not daily looking at mine! So this is late), but guess what? I found your card last week! It must have fallen into the library bag, so when we were returning the books I almost dumped it in the return slot! It got bent, though, so I spent last night trying to flatten it (to no avail!). Eli has it now. He is much more trustworthy than I, so I am sure you'll get it now...very late.

Louise said...

wow - nice post Kev! that's really sweet!!