Thursday, September 9, 2010

our last day of summer...

Otherwise entitled, how many visits can one squeeze into one 24hour period?

First of all, thanks for the birthday wishes. I hesitate to post on here any more after Kev's post being called something like "the best blog post ever" (he was quite tickled to receive so many compliments on his blogging abilities and seriously contemplated taking the blog over himself...although if he were the only one to contribute I think it would die pretty quick.) I have to say that I am very undeserving of all of the kind words. But thank you!

So this was our busy Labour Day Monday. It followed the post-Tamarack festivities at our place on Friday, the farewell BBQ for our pastor's family on Saturday, and sweet Isaiah's baptism on Sunday (which was one of the most incredible services I remember witnessing in my life. The end of the sermon was cut off the cd, very sadly, however I will still post it for you once I get access to it.) So then, on Sunday evening we took in a Migrant Worker Ministry service in Jordan. It was great to visit, although we don't understand any Spanish (yet!), and wonderful to see Wilf bringing God's Word to so many people.
We spent the night at Erik & Rachel's, which is always great times and so sweet to see them with their beautiful children. :)
After a leisurely breakfast we were off in the morning to visit new baby Ezra. I don't know if I have ever seen such a tiny baby in real life. He was absolutely perfect and precious.

Congratulations Mike & Victoria, we are so happy with you!
off to visit this dear family for lunch, in their beautiful new home!! So wonderful to see how God provided for them, their house is amazing! We're thrilled for them, even if we do miss them terribly and wish that they still lived here. :( I will hold out hope that someday they will move back!!
such a beautiful couple, inside and out. :)


Josh was a little cranky at first but finally broke into a smile. :)
and off to Brian & Holly's for dinner with Greg & Charity & fam...so FUN!!
these kids had a riot on the trampoline! And loved having their picture taken.

Josh, who is the expert at cheesy smiles, happy to show the others how it is done :)

my apologies, Holl, if Justin never smiles properly for pics anymore...

the kids had great times together...it is wonderful to have friends who are great examples of godly parenting, and to see their beautiful children already loving the Lord, too. Very encouraging to Kev & I, sometimes parenting is hard!!
such a great couple, and fabulous hosts..thanks so much Brian & Holly!
a total blast!! We have been blessed with some very amazing friends, and we are so thankful to God for them!
tuckered right out, quite understandably...
and look who was at our doorstep bright and early the next morning... not that we were up bright and early to welcome them in, thankfully Mom was. :) Our school year started a bit late (and admittedly rough, with VERY cranky children) on Tuesday after a very busy weekend but we are all caught up and looking forward to (and praying for!!) a great year ahead!!
so many blessings that we certainly don't deserve!! Hope you're all having a great first week of school!!

4 comments:

Holly said...

What a busy weekend! I'm so glad you squeezed in a visit with us! : ) And I think I'm the one who said something about Kev's post being`` "the best blog post"...oops! Though I'm quite sure I said "ONE of the best blog posts ever"...and only because I it was all about my dear friend Carole! So I'm glad you haven't given up blogging on my account. The books you posted about look interesting too--do you have them all? I'll have to look into gettting some!

Rachel Joy said...

At the risk of being redundant, I have to say... Josh is so cute! I love the cheesy grins on the trampoline. :D
Looks like you had a great day! How did you manage to fit in a game of settlers with all those kids around?

Carole said...

oops, Holl, my mistake. :) Actually maybe Kevin's b/c he kept referring to it that way. he was quite thrilled about the comments. :) (heh heh, I'm afraid maybe I was moreso...)
But anyways, I don't remember how many Trailblazer books we have (5-10 maybe) but you can borrow them if you like!
Rach, the kids were watching Mary Poppins downstairs. however else? :)

Sharon said...

Carole, it was such a pleasure to have you guys over and FAR to short. I hope you will come again soon! You know you are very welcome any time :)