Saturday, April 9, 2011

happy birthday, dear Holly!!

Her birthday is on Sunday and sadly we won't be spending that evening at their house as I had hoped, for a challenging game of Agricola. :) So since we're gone for the weekend, and won't be seeing her, this will have to suffice for birthday wishes (kind of lame, sorry Holls, I am hoping better than nothing).

Holly is an amazing person, in so many ways. too many to list!! that also sounds lame, but its so true!! I know this not only from a good 20 years of close friendship but also b/c at this stage of life it can be hard sometimes to vacation together with other people...but we just spent 10 days together in close quarters and loved every minute! well, its possibly that is a stretch but I'm pretty sure its true, at least from what I can remember...hopefully they don't have many unpleasant memories from their end, quite possible, heh heh (lets not ask :) )

Brian is one very blessed man and I love to see him making her so happy. :)
4 precious children..
She is such a gift & example to all who know her.
The pics are all from our recent trip, I could have gone into the archives and picked out some doozy pictures I'm sure, but lucky for Holly I haven't the time. :) (I wouldn't anyways, for one thing b/c it is too risky considering what people could dig up from my past!! ACK. anything I could find for Holly would pale in comparison, thats for sure.) And speaking of our recent trip, Holly did every single stitch of planning for it, and it was incredible. I find trip planning to be SO. MUCH. WORK. so this was HUGE for me. :)

I am so thankful to be able to call her my friend. and it gets even better (uh oh, I am raving. :) ) Not only do I have a kindred spirit in Holly, but in her sisters as well...more than a lifetime's worth of bosom friends in one family! and then there are the cousins... I had better stop here. :)
I don't feel bad raving though, b/c probably most of my blog readers are blood relations to all my bosom friends, which is even better!!

I pray that God will bless you richly in the years to come and continue to use you for His glory... we love you, Holls!!

9 comments:

Dauna said...

I love the picture of you and your friend at the end, Carole!

Dauna said...

ps...can your friend plan my vacation???? Just kidding!

Holly said...

I'm sure I already left a comment, but for some reason I'm not seeing it on here, so I'll try again! What an honor to have a post about my birthday---wow!! And though all your kind comments are not nearly as true as they should be, it is certainly something to aspire to.

Your newest nephew is adorable! Love you lots!

Rachel Joy said...

I had to laugh at an earlier post in which you claimed that you hate to rave... ;)

You & Holls are both special and beloved. What a blessing good friendships are!

Holly said...

I never saw this till now.... Carol, I'm very aware that I'm very privileged to be here husband. She's a great wife and a great mother and I love her lots. I'm thankful she's willing to share so many of her good friends with me, you and Kev of which are in the top ranks!

Brian said...

ah!! That's Holly's account. I thought for sure I was in mine... that was Brian writing. :Z

Brian said...

Ah...I was in Holly's account! That was me writing.

Brian said...

Ok. Now I really look the fool.. Blogger is messin' me up. This is my last comment - sorry to Spam your blog with all these comments!

Carole said...

haha, Bri...you are good for a laugh. :) I don't know if you'll get this comment, but we're thinking of & praying for you & Holls with her surgery tomorrow!! xox