oh, sweet Josh. I started this post for him when we were still in MB but didn't finish it, and as expected once we got home I didn't get around to blogging right away. And now we've already been home for a week!! On our last full day in MB, our sweet baby turned 3. I don't know where to start with Josh, he is such a funny kid. That, combined with this adorable age, makes our days full of love & laughter. And the occasional temper tantrum...but we won't get into that. Besides, since he is 3 he is supposed to be over those, right? Actually, now that I think about it I have noticed lately that he is maturing in that when something doesn't go his way he doesn't always let loose and howl about it, he often slumps his shoulders, pouts his lip and sort of slinks/sort of stalks off with a miserable: "I'm going to bed!". It is quite funny to watch, although perhaps not the holiest of behaviours (and it is definitely a step up from tantrums so we are thankful for progress). and then he re-appears a few minutes later, hoping we have missed him. :)


these are in backwards order. :)


he has some sweet moves (actually, just one dance move. This is it. :) )



pleased as punch to be turning 3. How fun to celebrate with Brian and Holly & fam.





Ashleigh was bound and determined to make this fabulous alligator cake, and she did really well. At first Josh was dead set against the idea, he wanted a dog. But in the end he was rather excited about it. The only problem is the cake kept getting pushed off until later and later in the day (so much fun stuff going on) and finally until after dinner (which we had eaten out) and by the time we got back after dinner Brian & Holly's kids were all in bed. :( We missed them for the cake festivities.



he is incredibly strong willed. There is much that can be said about our darling Josh, but I'm too tired right now and have too much to do, and you might be bored anyways!! We just hope and pray that by God's grace we will be able to channel his passion the right way. We long for Josh's heart to be soft towards the Lord and that he will grow "in wisdom and stature and in favour with God and man". May every year bring Josh (and Jade, & Ashleigh, & your children, too) into a deeper understanding of God and His love, and may they love Him more every day and serve Him with passion and singleness of heart.
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Sweet Josh!
p.s. Carole, the pictures of him on the bridge with the grasses and ocean are beautiful!
Amen - to your desires for our children at the end of your post. We can wish so many shallow things for them, but to have them truly know and walk close with Christ will carry them through whatever the Lord has planned for their paths! Happy Birthday, sweet Josh :)
Oh, Josh is one of the most adorable little boys I know! I think his parents are doing a FABULOUS job with him and his siblings!
What a cute kid!! And great pictures carole. Love the aligator cake.
Bethany
Post a Comment