Now we are settled in Edinburgh, Kev is off to meetings tomorrow and I'll be touring around. God bless you all!
Monday, June 14, 2010
enchanting
I'm not going to say this all the time, but I'll say it once more: the pictures really don't do this place justice. Today was our last day with the sweet Van Eyk clan...we packed a lot in. We're very thankful for this whirlwind tour of their beautiful home village and surrounding area...we have a box of about 50 souveniers being shipped to our house purchased from the delightful people at Christian Focus the publishing company. So the memories will live on for years to come, with all the reading we will be doing. :) Mostly kids books, but what fun that was. And then, of course, there was the bothy:





and the beautiful, precious children. I am starting to have Ashleigh-Jade-Josh withdrawal!! someone has to post some pics of them ok?? (one of my sisters??)
it was an unforgettable weekend. Thanks again to our hosts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Great pictures! I always thought Scotland looked like a great place to visit and this confirms it. Joseph wants to know if we can move there (yes, the whole fam had to get in on the viewing of this series). Keep posting!
I feel for you about the kids though. So sad to be away so long... I have no words of consolation for you other than they all looked sweet as ever Sunday.
Have fun!
Hi guys! This is so neat, being able to "see" Scotland through your blog. I need to visit there someday - after all, some of my ancestors hailed from that area (and Ireland)! Continue to have a great time - and lay to rest your worries about your kiddies (is it possible for a mother to do that? - we're going away for just the coming weekend and I'm already "missing" my kids :))
Beautiful, Carole! I have to admit a twinge (or two) of jealousy, but it's wonderful to hear that you are having such a great time! Such a beautiful country, eh? I remember being in such awe at the scenery most of the time, and you're right: pictures never do it all justice. How special that you have the opportunity to visit there, so try not to miss your kids too much (they are in VERY good hands!!), and just enjoy it!
hello Carole dear! keep posting! we are loving all the pics!!! And yes! I will definitely try to post some pics of your darling children this week! Mom is coming over Thursday for the day so Tim and I will do our utmost to share the fun times with you via the pics! we love you tons and are thinking about you! Seeing the gorgeous pics and fun times you guys are having is making us want to go back!!! :) Can't wait to hear more from you!!! Love you!
Post a Comment