Saturday, June 12, 2010

Highlight of the Highlands

I have to interrupt this day by day tour (I guess it wasn't really day by day since I only got through day 1 so far) to bring you this fantastic highlight of our trip. We've only just been here a few hours but we are in love with this beautiful place, its incredible and fascinating history and our wonderful hosting family. We can't wait to worship with them tomorrow. Thank you SO MUCH Pastor John & Lucy!
We left our tour early at a Victorian town called Pitlochry (after an interesting tour of the Loch Ness....hmmm are there monsters or are there not??) and took a train from there to Inverness. There we had a warm welcome from Pastor John and Lucy and sweet wee Mark (how adorable he is, I will have to get some more pics of him for you since we are, after all, only the 3rd & 4th Canadians to have met him I think!). We had a delightful evening tour of Inverness, and the surrounding area on the way up to the beautiful little village of Tain. I will have to give a commentary on it later, since it is the wee morning hours and I am needing some sleep (and I'm scared to get it all wrong without Kev to refresh my memory)...You history lovers have got to come out here for yourselves (MIKE! Rach, Erik, Sharon, Ralph...!!!) you'd LOVE it here. :) The first pics are of Inverness. (that much, at least, I am clear on :) )







read it!!

Shar this is for you. :)
our guided tour ended as the sun was just setting in Tain (after 11pm!). What makes this tour so exceptional is the "guided" part, although even without it is breathtaking.

Tonight we pray for the dear men who will bring God's word to His people tomorrow (especially the one we kept up so late!), and for the hearts of those who will receive it. And I pray for our darling children who apparently are not missing us at all (!! this is a good thing, i think!?!?) and for their Oma who cares for them so sweetly and selflessly. And I pray for my sister Charlene who celebrated her birthday today. God bless you, sweet sister!! I hope you had a fun day. :)

Much love to all of you, and good night!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Great pictures Carole! Especially Tain at night! Was that stone about the Covenanters actually in Alness or somewhere else?