Monday, June 28, 2010

home sweet home!!

We praise God for bringing us safely home on the weekend. Now its back to work, and I am excited and thankful for it! (lets hope that lasts!) I have piles more pics to post, but time will tell if that ever actually happens.

Since the pics are all only on the laptop for now, I will leave you with our recommended reading. We managed to read a few books, mostly while on trains and planes.


I LOVED this book (Everyday Talk)! It is basic, but excellent. I gave it to someone on the plane, but I plan to order another one so you can borrow it from me when I do!

two books from the wonderful people at Christian Focus that I thoroughly enjoyed

I had read Twice Freed before but Kev and I both enjoyed it just as much the second time through. That is the good thing about having such a lousy memory as I have, I guess :)

I didn't read this one (about Cambodia), also from Christian Focus, but Kev is reading it.

What good books have you read lately? Please share!!

And just so you know, I plan to make the blog private again later this week.
Have a great Monday and a God-glorifying week! :)

5 comments:

Trish said...

Hi Carole, I would love to borrow the everyday talk when you get it. I've been doing Focus on the Family's Kids of Integrity. Its good discussion material!

Sharon said...

I would like to borrow it after Trish :) The book about the Stam's looks really good as well.
I'm thankful you are home safely :) I hope to see you soon.

Maria said...

I've read that one, Everyday Talk, and I agree, it is good! Glad you had a good time away, Carole! I'd love to here more about it!

Dauna said...

Eh, I'll just pick it up. I think if eveyone ahead of me reads like me, it'll be a year before I get it. :D

And it sounds good.

Glad you're home!

amymom24 said...

The "Everyday Talk" one looks great - I will look it up. Thanks!